[Healeys] Insulation

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 4 05:40:38 MDT 2009

Didn't use the Koolmat but the underlayment that came with my Heritage
carpet  seems to be very substantial in helping with  keeping the heat down.
It appears to be about a half inch thick.   Couple this with the Dynamat
Extreme that I already put down on the entire floor and the inside of the
tunnel,  I feel that I have done all that I can do to try and beat the
Healey Heat.

Dynamat Extreme is a "foil backed tarry material" that is self sticking.

Just as a follow up, the Dyamat cuts very easily with conventional scissors
to any shape that you want.  It is
Goof Proof, in other words you can take it up if you need to change the
placement  .  However, after the car is ran and the stuff is heated up, I
assume it tacks to the floor pretty well. ( don't know, I haven't driven the
car for any extended amount of time yet)  An upside to this is that I don't
see how any moisture/water can ever get to the inside metal.  I should be
able to just take out the carpet and towel off the dynamat then let things
air dry, if I ever get caught in a down poor with my top down.  I bought a
box for $190. from Eastwood that covers the entire floor, inside tunnel and
some left over to sound deaden the doors etc.

Mosses cost will nickel and dime you to death for the small amount that they
offer.

Mark