[Healeys] Squealing Brakes

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Thu Jul 2 12:25:35 MDT 2009

Hi Bob,

Brake squeal is simply a high frequency vibration of the pad against the
piston. If this can be interrupted by a shim (usually but not always works).
Any sort of grease or other substance between the parts will dampen the
vibration. If shims don't stop the squeal, a high temp. silicone grease
smeared lightly between the parts will do it.

Rich Chrysler