[Healeys] brakes

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:08:33 MST 2009

Well, now you have really got my attention. Sports rotors, "slotted and
drilled"?  I have seen slotted and I have seen drilled, but never slotted and
drilled. Drilled rotors are illegal in most vintage rulebooks, mainly because
they are prone to crack very quickly. Slotting is not illegal as far as I
know. But, I suspect "sports rotors" are for the street and that "look"
factor. BTW, for one of my street car projects, I have a new set of drilled
rotors that are still in the boxes (right and left, because they are
directional) that are plated in a beautiful gold-like color. Can't wait to see
how long that plating lasts after the brakes are actually applied. So, I would
really appreicate it if you would send me a  picture of "slotted and drilled"
rotors so I can share it with my racing buddies.  Thanks, Richard
> From: jbumpus at shaw.ca> To: healeys at autox.team.net> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009
19:13:05 -0800> Subject: [Healeys] brakes> > Slotted and drilled>