[Healeys] endurance car(s)

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Tue Jan 27 18:56:04 MST 2009

>From what I gather from the website the DW effort is to exceed the records set
in 54, but they can't do it at Bonneville because the 10 mile circuit has been
closed to "protect wildlife" (Brine shrimp?) I think they will have trouble
doing it anywhere else, although maybe they could use Talladega...Bill
Lawrence> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:29:56 +1100> From:
Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au> To: gbrierton at hotmail.com;
healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] endurance car(s)> > G'day> >
Before I go further I should disclose that I am taking care of the> publicity
and public relations for Healeys Return to Bonneville.> > In answer to your
question Steve Pike is reconstruction both the> Endurance Car and Streamliner
that ran at Bonneville in 1954. As said> the cars will be in 1954 guise as the
Endurance car also ran at> Bonneville in 1953 and the Streamliner returned to
the salt later with a> supercharged C-series six-cylinder.> > Both cars will
be fitted with 100S engines, DB gearboxes and the> Streamliner will be
supercharged as original. The bodywork of both cars> are also as original.> >
The Endurance Car will be ready for the Historic races at Phillip> Island,
Australia in March and both cars will be at Bonneville in> September.> > The
aim is to emulate the records set by the Donald Healey Motor Company> in 1954
within the confines of today rules and regulations.> > There is a website
where you can register to receive newsletters.> >
www.healeysreturntobonneville.com> > Plus if you ask me nicely I will send you
a copy of the second press> release including photos of John Healey inspecting
the progress of both> cars.> > According to the Denis Welsh website they have
reconstructed the> Endurance Car for a client, but there is no mention of any
Bonneville> attempts.> > Best wishes> > Patrick Quinn> Sydney, Australia> >
-----Original Message-----> From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net>
[mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of gary brierton> Sent:
Wednesday, 28 January 2009 8:03 AM> To: healeys> Subject: [Healeys] endurance
car(s)> > Are Dennis Welch Motorsports and Steve Pike building replicas of
the> same car?> Is the Welch car going to run at Bonneville?> GaryB>