[Healeys] Australia Day

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 19:24:39 MST 2009

Joe--

Actually we are pretty savvy up here regarding the Antipodes.  Amongst  other
things there is an Australia Pavillion at our National Zoo  that swarms with
marsupials of all different flavors.  Do you  guys have any American Bison on
display down your way?

A few years back I had the honor to be involved in organizing the  wonderful
reception that your Embassy threw for the visiting Australian  racers when the
Australian-American Challenge folks were in the area  following the Summit
Point event.  Several of your  countrymen/countrywomen travelling by motorhome
camped out at our place and  we had a great time with them in DC.

BTW when I visited New Zealand a number of years back I saw a tee shirt
depicting North Island, South Island and Mouth Island--the latter was shaped a
lot like Australia.  Just what were they talking about?

Best--Michael Oritt

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)