[Healeys] non Healey wheel query. Delete now if "Porsche" offends you.

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 11:15:48 MST 2009

Simon

My wife's car is not as grand as a Porsche, in fact a Rover 25, but we
have had similar problems.

The test is to lay a wheel flat and run a little water around the tyre
to rim joint on both the inside and then the outside. If there are
slight bubbles appearing then the rim to wheel seal is suspect. Ours had
corrosion of the aluminium that would no longer allow a good seal.

We tried a fancy sealant from a good tyre outlet but the cure did not
last.

We ended up replacing all the wheels as a set. Luckily Halfords were
selling a full set with tyres at a very good discount because they were
not 'boy racer' enough.

I suspect that you will just have to 'bite the bullet'.

regards

--
John Harper