[Healeys] non Healey wheel query. Delete now if "Porsche" offends you.

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 05:19:45 MST 2009

Hello,

I have a Porsche 944 S2. It's a nice car but no Healey.

So...despite having 4 new tyres, I continually lose pressure on 3 of the 4
corners. My guess was that the seal between tyre and wheel was not sound and
that a good clean up would solve it. My tyre man, who is good, tells me that
my wheels - the original Porsche ones - are getting porous..that the
aluminium lets air through.

Have you heard of such a thing? It sounds possible to me.

Is there a  cure? Some goo that one paints on to the wheel's inner surface
perhaps.

Thanks,

Simon