[Healeys] Upholstery and install cost

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 21:09:02 MST 2009

Tom -

Most of the interior on your car can be done by any interior shop, but the
front seats should be done by someone knowledgeable of healey seats.  New
foams are too stiff and how you drill them out can depend on how heavy and
how tall you are.  The seat back is a pretty straightforward affair, but the
seat bottom is where some knowledge is helpful.

Also, the squab seats need to be properly stitched to the seat pan otherwise
the seats will look stupid.  I've seen too many Healeys where the rear
seat's piping is not stitched to the pan, and it looks wrong.

It isn't the most fun job to do yourself, but I would highly recommend that
you consider doing the job yourself.  Purchase the Moss motors video tape
that tells you how to install the interior, and it will make a huge
difference on making it look right.  Don't pay attention to the 80's surf
clothing of the dude in the video!

Cheers,

Alan

'52 A90