[Healeys] FW: Hudson River plane crash

Jackson Krall jackson_krall at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 12:42:12 MST 2009

The crane used to lift the plane out of the water was provided by Weeks Marine. It's the largest barge crane on the east coast and a truly magnificent piece of machinery. I have marveled at its size(20 stories high), in the past when I've seen it working the NYC waterfront and spoke to a couple of its' engineers recently. It's turntable appears to be the same as used on the Harlem river swing bridges. I wouldn't doubt if Weeks custom built it themselves. The plane is being towed over to Weeks Marina in Jersey City now.
Sorry for the diversion from Healeys
Best
JK
NYC