[Healeys] B/J Auction

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Jan 17 08:00:24 MST 2009

Concours does not deduct points for a car painted Metallic Golden Beige that
has a chassis number too low to have been originally that color, nor does it
deduct points for a paint job in the non-original color for that chassis
number.

More interesting to me is current Lot 976, the light metallic green BJ8 that
was also offered as Lot 976 in the B-J auction in 2007.  If the VIN that was
provided to me by someone at the auction was read correctly off the plate,
the BJ8 registry had already recorded that car as "scrapped".  That was
based on information provided to me in May 2003 from the person who parted
out the car.  Only the I.D. plates remained from the original car.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA

"The one that STILL blows my mind is the Tanner BJ-8 in GBM
w/proper red interior that went for 3 figures the year before
last IIRC AND with Mike Joy holding the BMIHT Cert IN HIS
HAND which (laid out dramatically in the car's boot) said the
car SHOULD be White w/black interior<VBG>!!!

Even Mike couldn't believe it!! <G>!

Ed"