[Healeys] Report on Bugeye in Miami

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 14:50:48 MST 2009

A few weeks ago there was discussion about an ebay auction of a Red  Bugeye
located in Miami (There was also a Big Healey pictured next to it on the  sale
site).

I am in Miami now and went by the seller's location today.   The car is real
and seems pretty sound with no visible rust beyond surface  bubbling.  The
hood is sprung down a bit in the middle where it meets the  cowl but is in
otherwise good shape.  The interior had been sprayed  black.  The engine started and
supposedly the car has been driven within  the last week though I declined
the offer to take it for a ride.

The seller is European Automotive on South Dixie Highway in Coral  Gables.
The salesman says they turned down $5200 and were putting it  back on ebay.
This car is probably a good platform for an easy  restoration.

Best--Michael Oritt
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)