[Healeys] Cost of 3.54 diff

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 00:06:03 MST 2009

I bought one in UK. Here is what I wrote in my notes at the time:-
"#200.00 paid for 3:54 diff ex Westie auto, 25/11/03 from Westminster Spares
man. In vgc, but filthy outside. Cleaned it up, inside and out. Had it
checked over; see attached.
Replaced the inner and outer pinion bearings and their seal. Halfshaft
bearings were perfect, as one would expect from big automatic saloon, with
probably quite a quiet life.
Now whole diff should be as good as new!"
It actually was/is as good as new, though I might have been a bit optimistic
at the time. The so-called "Westminster Spares Man" is a Westminster fanatic
who loves, cherishes, collects and breaks Westies and was described as "if
he doesn't have one, no one will".
Simon