[Healeys] driving Healeys in winter!

Michael Hartfield hartfiel at alumni.princeton.edu
Tue Jan 13 12:50:20 MST 2009

 In 1966 my new wife and I traveled from Kitchener, Ontario to Eureka, Ca
via Vancouver, BC in my 1964 MGB.  It was February 19th when we left
Ontario.  I lined the top and front area left and right of the floorboards
with cardboard.  The little heater grunted and groaned, but we suffered no
frostbite.  I especially remember leaving a Regina, SK motel before daylight
when it was well below zero.  The MGB started and away we went.  No snow
tires or chains -- and at that age, no fear.

Michael Hartfield
65 BJ8

Randy Dicksonrdickson at midwestarchaeology.com