[Healeys] Need help with door panel retaining clips and weather-stripping????

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sat Jan 10 21:40:12 MST 2009

Randy,

Somebody at Heritage mistakenly sent you the BJ8 type of panel clips. You
are right in the fact that the BJ7 still uses a number 6 trim screw with cup
washer as used on all earlier series. If you examine your inner door casing
carefully you should be able to see a series of small perimeter holes to
take the #6 screws.

There are a number of different types of door seals on the market, and none
of them are quite exactly like the original stuff. However, I've had the
best results using MacGregor's Bristleflex, which is very "giving" and will
also stay put when installed.

Rich Chrysler