[Healeys] Pistons

RAWDAWGS at aol.com RAWDAWGS at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 18:12:04 MST 2009

Bad news. Was trying to get my BN4 that has been setting for years to start
and noticed a stuck valve. Thought maybe get here running and a temp cycle
will  free it up. Then noticed a bent pushrod and thought might as well pull the
head.  Did that and noticed the No 1 and 6 pistons are burned. Just a little
at the  edge.(I will post some pictures tomorrow). So it looks like I am going
to need  some advice.I am thinking about changing the pistons, with the engine
in the  car. My questions:

1. Am I crazy not to pull the lump and completely rebuild?
2. Who is the list favorite piston supplier currently?
3 No lead head? Yea or nay.
4 Wasn't there a guy rebuilding rocker assemblies? Need contact info

Sorry to bomb the list but I couldn't figure out how to search the  archives

Thanks Scott

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)