[Healeys] Another Healey Lives

GSFuqua1 at aol.com GSFuqua1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 17:35:03 MST 2009

Congratulations Rich!!  I know that feeling well having just finished (I
know, horror of horrors...A Triumph).  Like yours it was a complete nut and bolt
restoration.  Great story behind this particular car.  The Father originally
purchased this car directly from the factory while stationed in England in 1964.
 He met and marriage a British lady and they brought the car back to the
States with them and kept it all their lives.  They have passed on but left the ca
r to their daughter and she wanted it back to the way it was when she and her
brother were small and riding in the back.  I have ALL the documents on this
car including the first British Tax Stamp and Holder, Importation Documents,
Window Sticker, etc.  All neatly bound in a nice notebook for the family with
color pictures detailing the condition at start and now completed.  We did make
a few small improvements along the way that will still keep the car Concours
but give it a bit more ability to keep up with modern traffic. i.e. 87mm jugs
rather than 83 and an O/D transmission.

Needless to say it is both exhilarating and frightening when you first turn
the key but the satisfaction is beyond compare.  I find it interesting that the
time frame for restoration is virtually identical.

Cheers & Best Wishes,

Gary Fuqua
Classic Sports Cars
Branson, MO