[Healeys] Mystery.... part 2

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 6 22:03:47 MST 2009

Skip:  Alan beat me by about 10 seconds.

You seem confident that you have spark.  My first choice would have
been the coil.  But with spark and fuel to the carburettors, logic says it
should run.  However, you  said you did "...a quick double check by removing
the fuel supply hose to the carbs confirmed that I had ample fuel pressure
at the carbs..." and that spraying starter fluid into the engine gave a
slight kick.  You did NOT say that you looked inside the float bowls to see
if fuel was getting past the needle valves.  It sounds like fuel was not
getting THROUGH the carbs and into the cylinders.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031