[Healeys] Re-installing Tranny?

David Schweninger quenty at ntelos.net
Sat Jan 3 12:13:46 MST 2009

Hello again Scott,
I had to pull the trans out of my BN7 in the middle of my restoration
because some idiot put the unidirectional clutch in backward. (he
shall go nameless). It was much easier than I thought it would be. The
Secret ? a foldable crane I bought at Harbor Freight.
A rope around the adaptor plate, as Rich Chrysler suggested, is
exactly right. Even tho it doesn't look like it.
The nice thing about the floor crane is that it allows you to move the
hook around rather than the car.

I used it to lift the Tub off the trailer after painting and to
assemble and  install the engine and trans. all single- handedly.
Folded It takes about 3' Ft. square and 6' high.

It costs about one half a Welsh Corgi and doesn't require a lot of
love and devotion.

I've attached some pictures.

Good luck.

Dave and Daisy

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN1693.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN1695.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN1701.jpg]