[Healeys] Rights to Material in AH Magazine and Healey.org website

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:36:21 MST 2009

The cost of membership in either of the two Austin-Healey Clubs in the USA is
a small price to pay to say thank you to the dedicated people that put these
magazines together month after month. Both have excellent articles that are
very useful in a restoration in addition to letting enthusiasts know of
upcoming events as it relates to their favourite marque. Show your
appreciation, join these Clubs.

Jean Caron
Winnipeg, Manitoba> From: Editorgary at aol.com> Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:25:26
-0500> To: healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rights to Material
in AH Magazine and Healey.org website> > In a message dated 1/1/09 10:16:27
AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net writes:> > > > Just wondering if copying
and distributing these article, even or free,> > violates any copyrights.> > >
> Ron> > (non-attorney but very familiar with copyright of intellectual
property)> > > > Legally, yes, we could pursue copyright issues, since the
magazine and its > content is copyrighted, owned by the author and protected
by the magazine's > copyright. However, as you might guess, it's unlikely that
we ever would, so we > rely on folks' own ethical values to protect the
material.> Since there are significant expenses associated with publication of
the > magazine and maintenance of the website that can only be recovered by
membership > dues, we really would prefer that those who find this material
useful can > allocate less than half a percent of their restoration budget to
pay for their > membership in AHCUSA each year.> Cheers> Gary> (this opinion
is my own, and does not necessarily represent that of the > officers of
AHCUSA)> > > > **************> New year...new news. Be the first to know what
is making > headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)>