[Healeys] Dash mount studs or bolts BJ8

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sat Feb 28 17:14:32 MST 2009

Wes,

There are four mounting holes that line up the base of the windshield
stanchions to the body in this location. One of these bolt holes (second one
down) should also line up the oval hole in the dash mounting bracket. There
are usually aluminum shims that need to pack between these stanchions and
the body to adjust the fit of the windscreen assembly to the body. These
also have the 1/4" bolts passing through these shims. The heads of the bolts
should be on the inside of the car with the flats, lockwashers and nuts
sitting outboard as shown in the accompanying picture. There is relief in
the under side of the quarter trim panels to allow for the thickness of the
bolt heads.

Rich Chrysler