[Healeys] Muffler Heat Shield

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Fri Feb 27 18:34:00 MST 2009

Steve,

As others have already noted there should be studs on the underside of the pan for mounting the asbestos/modern ceramic heat shield.  Others have given sources too.

However, I observed that modern cars use a metal shield with spacing above so that must be a more effective way to go.  I cut wood discs maybe 1/2 thick for spacing.  Basically my shield is rectangular to cover the entire area between the front fand rear outriggers.  At the front it is bent down to maybe 1/2 inch below the outrigger to catch air to move above it.  At the rear it also bends down slightly to allow the hot air to escape below the rear outrigger.

That's is my story and I am sticking to it!
Keith Pennell