[Healeys] Fw: Questions on Big Healey Rally Light set up

Dick Matson medlabinc at msn.com
Fri Feb 27 09:58:10 MST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Dick Matson<mailto:medlabinc at msn.com>
To: AustinHealey List<mailto:healeys at autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 8:44 AM
Subject: Fw: [Healeys] Questions on Big Healey Rally Light set up

     In his nifty 2007 100-6 and 3000 book Graham Robson makes an interesting
point re all those lights on the '62 and following rally cars - on pages
25-26.

     The 'halogen' headlights of the time had only one filament.  I never
thought of that.

     I would presume then that one or more pair of headlights would be set up
equivalent to low beams.  The others would be set up as high beam - turned on
and off as called for.

     Dick Matson / Bj8