[Healeys] Transmission Rebuild

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Feb 26 01:48:51 MST 2009

In general.
The rebuild transmission should be a bit stiffer but still fairly easy
to turn. If overly stiff something is not right. Hard to say what is to
stiff and what is normal in lbf. It is the feel of it.
The extra stiffness is also caused by new, tighter seals. If there are
any preloaded bearings in the rebuilt gear box these will also be the
cause of stiffness. In the old box this preload is practically non
existant because of wear/settling.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL