[Healeys] Jump starting a pos. earth car using a neg. earth car

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 06:37:51 MST 2009

" One more thing.  Do NOT let (if by chance both cars chromed bumpered)
 touch each other.  Zero 'metal-to-metal' contact allowed."

I had a '66 Sprite in High School, my brother had a later Sprite that was
negative ground, the '66 was always a "hard starter" in the winter.  So it
would get jumped by the '68 on a regular basis,  one time the cars were
close and the bumpers touched while elctrically connected.  Big impressive
sparks but no damage.

Yes, just match the polarity up and it should work fine.

Greg Lemon