[Healeys] Films

Peter Linn greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 23 16:25:18 MST 2009

G'day all

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned "The Fast and the Furious" - not the recent
CGI crap but the 1955 John Ireland/Dorothy Malone movie. I reckon it's one
of the best for classic car spotting. The plot isn't up to much but it's
centred on the "International" race from California to Mexico. The main
protagonists are in white (roadster) and black (dark anyway - it's a b&w
movie) drophead XK120s. But there's also a 100, Nash Healey, Aston DB2,
MGTD, TR2, several Allard J2X, (the heroine commandeers one at one point -
as you do!) Kurtis, Jowett Jupiter, Porche Speedster etc etc. Some of the
film appears to be genuine race footage judging by the "offs"! There's even
a vintage race (Bearcats or something similar) One to watch with your finger
on the "pause" button!

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane