[Healeys] Lucas Sports Coil

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 12:50:03 MST 2009

I checked a book I have called "Tuning Lucas Ignition Systems." In it,
there's a schematic for a ballasted system showing a lead from the
ignition switch through a ballast resistor to the coil and one from the
starter solenoid to the coil. When cranking the starter, the lead from
the solenoid will short around the ballast resistor.

If your distributor requires a ballasted system you could wire it this way.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. -
Henry Ford