[Healeys] 100-4 Piston Depth

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 07:57:49 MST 2009

Don't panic, yet. In general, It is not uncommon for a piston top to be
above the surface of a block at top dead center. If necessary, it is probably
possible to machine the tops of the pistons to lower the compression. It is
necessary to take the head gasket thickness into account when figuring the
compression ratio. Sorry, but I can't address the 100 engine specifically.
Gary

In a message dated 2/21/2009 3:24:50 A.M. Central Standard Time,