[Healeys] What Cam?

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 19 21:58:21 MST 2009

Alan:  Darn!  I've been driving my Healey all wrong for 39 years?  And that
includes every other car I have ever owned, automatic transmissions
included.  Why didn't someone tell me this sooner?  ;-)

I've been bragging about only changing my brake pads on the BJ8 twice in
189,000 miles.  I always believed that if I was in eminent danger of
crashing into something, I'd rather have a useable set of brakes than try to
rely on my transmission to stop the car.  Silly me!  But, then, I have not
destroyed a single transmission - yet.

However, the last time I changed the oil in the overdrive, I did find a
piece of thrust washer in the screen of the drain plug.  I'll have to look
into that one of these days.  Can't do it right now though.  The driving
season has just started.  Tech session at BCS this Saturday.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031