[Healeys] Flywheels

WILLYS49 at aol.com WILLYS49 at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 13:35:46 MST 2009

Dan,
I recently wrestled with those same questions. I wanted to get the extra
acceleration and sent my flywheel off to a recommended machine shop. The cost
unexpectedly escalated when incidentals like polishing and balancing were suddenly
added as "extras." Get the full package price!
Was it worth it? In my case, probably not. I just wanted a reliable A-H that
I can use on local paved roads. I used replacing my clutch as an opportunity
(excuse) to spend the extra money.   I really don't feel much added performance
but never have a chance to drive it before clutch quit on me. I guess it
depends on how you will use your Healey and how much $ is available.
Just my thoughts.
Thanks, Eric