[Healeys] Flywheels

Freese, Ken Kendall.Freese at Aerojet.com
Tue Feb 17 13:34:33 MST 2009

For what its worth: I am no longer a fan of lightened flywheels. Too
much jerking in slow traffic and slowing down for stop lights.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:25 PM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Flywheels

I have a BJ7 with engine number 29F-H4376 and am getting ready to do
some engine work. I have read here that a lightened flywheel will
improve performance. I want to ask the group if anyone knows how much
lighter the BJ8 flywheel is compared to the BJ7. Also, your thoughts if
the BJ8 flywheel is the best option or should I have mine machined down
or purchase an aluminum flywheel? Thanks for any input.

Dan Serrao

1963 BJ7

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part
of your life.
Healeys at autox.team.net