[Healeys] Parts from England...

jnhorn at aol.com jnhorn at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 13:26:25 MST 2009

however, While we're on the subject of quality parts, I have a
complaint about parts from England. I have three big Healeys and 2 are
racecars, so I like Denis Welch parts and have bought from Cape
International also. My problem, is that it is not feasible to return
wrong or defective parts considering shipping costs and the delay. Many
of Denis Welch parts requirie some "adjustments" but are generally very
impressive. Cape International has twice sent me wrong parts. Once, a
set of cobra-laced wire wheels arrived from Cape International too wide
for any big Healey (except with modified fenders). They were too
expensive to return although I complained that they really weren't
Healey wheels. Last week I received the wrong fuel filler cap (aluminum
and not chrome), and they will not pay return postage. At least Moss is
easy to deal with under such circumstances.

jon einhorn