[Healeys] Fwd: Getting decent quality parts

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:33:04 MST 2009

I think there are two types of transactions. The guy who works on his own
"baby" out of love and the guys trying to rebuild for profit. (not you guys on
this forum that seem to have very high standards but the rip off guy who sold
me my BJ8 many years ago. I've replaced everything or will as the junk fails).
At 70 mph on the freeway you don't need failures. I wouldn't by a discounted
parachute, would you?
Rich Kahn> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:15:17 +0800> From: healey.nut at gmail.com>
To: Warthodson at aol.com> CC: healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys]
Fwd: Getting decent quality parts> > But guys, this was probably in the 80's
and 70's when our cars weren't worth> much and BMC was bankrupt.> > Even MGAs
are worth 20K plus now... putting cheap parts on a car worth that> much just
don't make sense.> > Alan> > '52 A90> '53 BN1> '64 BJ8> > > On Fri, Feb 13,
2009 at 11:03 PM, <Warthodson at aol.com> wrote:> > >
____________________________________> > From: Warthodson> > To:
m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca> > Sent: 2/13/2009 8:56:01 A.M. Central Standard Time>
> Subj: Re: [Healeys] Getting decent quality parts> >> >> > I worked, briefly,
at Victoria British, many years ago. At that time, they> > offered the
customer Lucas parts or the option of less expensive repro> > parts.> > They
also offered> > MGB fenders from the original tooling or less expensive repro
fenders.> > They> > even had a note in the catalog that indicated the less
expensive fenders> > might need more work to get them to fit. Sales of the
more expensive parts> > were> > almost non-existent. The complaints about the
fenders were so numerous &> > costly to VB that they actually stopped selling
them & only offered the> > better> > part. I don't know if that is still true
today.> > I am often amazed at how often a reply to a question on this list is
not> > directed to the to the original question, but "how to do it cheaper".>
Nothing says I love you like flowers! _Find a florist near you now_> >
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002> >