[Healeys] Fwd: Getting decent quality parts

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 08:03:40 MST 2009

____________________________________
 From: Warthodson
To: m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Sent: 2/13/2009 8:56:01 A.M.  Central Standard Time
Subj: Re: [Healeys] Getting decent quality  parts

I worked, briefly, at Victoria British, many years ago. At that time,  they
offered the customer Lucas parts or the option of less expensive  repro parts.
They also offered
MGB fenders from the original tooling or less expensive repro  fenders. They
even had a note in the catalog that indicated the less expensive  fenders
might need more work to get them to fit. Sales of the more expensive  parts were
almost non-existent. The complaints about the fenders were  so numerous &
costly to VB that they actually stopped selling  them & only offered the better
part. I don't know if that is still true  today.
I am often amazed at how often a reply to a question on this list is not
directed to the to the original question, but "how to do it cheaper".
Gary Hodson

Nothing says I love you like flowers! _Find a florist near you  now_
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)

.
now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)