[Healeys] Getting decent quality parts

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 18:12:39 MST 2009

In a message dated 2/12/09 11:11:21 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Perhaps it is a case of the N.A. wholesalers who are determining the quality
> and not County??
>
> Just a thought.
That could be. I had one of the seniormost folks at MOSS motors tell me quite
sincerely that they don't buy the expensive high-quality stuff because
"everyone knows that British car owners are cheap, and confronted by a higher price
from one supplier or for a version of a part compared to another, they will
always buy the cheaper part. So why should we stock the more expensive stuff?"
Incidentally, that person is still a very senior person at Moss, well over the
head of Kelvin Dodd, the person doing procurement now. If you do have a
question re Moss parts, you might try e-mailing Kelvin   - doddk at mossmotors.com
Cheers
Gary