[Healeys] Tri-carb foul

Michael Gladwin michaelgladwin at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 17:05:26 MST 2009

Calling the Tricarb genius bar.  I have just rebuilt my carbs and am
having trouble setting the chokes.  The rear jet-head (black plastic
cap) is fouling the steering column when the choke is out, in fact it
restricts choke movement.  There is about .040 inch clearance with
choke in on a cold engine.  The jets are new and correctly fitted.  (I
thought about cutting one inch out of the middle of the steering
column but decided that not having a choke and therefore not being
able to start the car was probably the safer option).

All I can think of is worn engine mounts but they look good, or is
there a cranked jet for the rear that did not come with the kit -
nothing in the parts list.  Please advise, the weather is good here
and I need a fix.

Mike Gladwin
BT7 II