[Healeys] 1960 BN7 exhaust

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Wed Feb 11 15:23:49 MST 2009

I believe that because of the low ground clearance, when the muffler grounds
out, the flex will take the shock instead of it being telegraphed back up to
the next weakest link, the cast iron manifolds. I'd sooner replace a flex
section than try to repair or replace an exhaust manifold flange. Of course
the flex certainly aids in the fitting up of the system onto the flange
studs and muffler mounts.
The manufacturers certainly didn't do the flex section to save money.

Rich Chrysler