[Healeys] shock oil

Craig and Sue Rice craigsuerice at iquest.net
Sun Feb 8 19:20:59 MST 2009

Mal & List,

Several years ago I did a spectrographic analysis of Armstrong Shock
Absorber Fluid and MIL-H-5606 (aircraft hydraulic fluid). They were an
almost perfect match. The shock fluid is very pricey; maybe $25.00/quart.
About two years ago I bought a gallon can of MIL-H-5606 for $22.50 from the
FBO (fixed base operator) at a small local airport.

The alternative to the fluid problem is to have your shocks rebuilt by Peter
Caldwell, and never have to worry about adding fluid.

Craig Rice
BN1 & BN2