[Healeys] 100 Mystery

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 19:55:37 MST 2009

In a message dated 2/7/2009 9:49:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bspidell at comcast.net writes:

There  are small plates on the pedals on which rubber pads ('draft
excluders') go,  but these don't come near to sealing the 2 round holes (they don't come
all  the way up to the floorboard, either). It sure seems like there should
be some  sort of panel to help seal up the area around the  pedals--

Bob--

Hey this is a Healey 100 we're talking about!  What's the sense of  sealing
up one hole only to have hot air leaking in another?  I am not 100%  certain
but believe the "draft excluders" are all there was  originally.  They should
come pretty close to the back side of the toe box  when the pedals are up but I
doubt they ever gave a perfect seal.  Which  reminds me of a joke:

Question:  How are a walrus and tupperware similar?
Answer:  They both like a tight seal.

Best--Michael Oritt
net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)