[Healeys] Overdrive Planatary Gears

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sat Feb 7 19:52:02 MST 2009

I'm looking at a spare carrier I have and it looks like the recess for the
thrust washer is cut so that if the washer is of the correct size it will fit
between the gears. Maybe you need to dress down the circumference of the
washer. That would seem to be a lot simpler and the washer won't fit properly
in the recess if it is too big anyway. Bill Lawrence  > From:
britishcars at shaw.ca> To: healeys at autox.team.net> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009
17:28:16 -0800> Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive Planatary Gears> > Hi All,> >  >
> I'm assembling my overdrive.> >  > > Before I mate the sun gear into the
planetary carrier, there is a bronze> bush that has to be inserted into the
seat of the planetary carrier.  There> is no way this bronze bush is going
into the carrier without removing one of> the planet gears.> >  > > Each
planet gears seem to have one pin holding the shaft in place...I have> no idea
how to get this pin out to remove the shaft??????> >  > > Any and all help
appreciated.> >  > > Thanks> > Paul>