[Healeys] Starter Problems BJ8

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Feb 7 11:48:53 MST 2009

Check, clean and refit the battery connections, use a bit of petroleum
jelly to avoid future corrosion. Also check the earthing strap and its
connections, again clean and apply petroleum jelly or just plain rust
preventive wax.
Perhaps the starter solenoid contact points are burned. Take apart,
inspect, clean and if to far gone repair the contact points with silver
solder and file/sand until the complete surface of the points make
contact when closed. Did this many times as a student when the budget
was very, very low.
Alternatively throw away and buy a new one.

Kees Oudesluijs