[Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive

Quinn, Patrick Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Feb 5 16:05:00 MST 2009

G'day

Of course while we have all been conjugating on the advantage of
mechanical energy over electrical we have perhaps forgotten about what
is the true advantage of using a computerised electric water pump and
electric fan system.

Once the temperature is set by the user it is then maintained through a
more rapid (or slower) flow of coolant by the pump and cooling by the
fan.

Providing the engine/radiator are in good condition the engine reaches
operating temperature more quickly and stays there, no matter the
driving conditions. As the pump continues after the engine is shut down
to the previously set temperature it also eliminates hotspot cavitation.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia