[Healeys] no compression 100

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 07:08:53 MST 2009

I fully agree with Alan and will also add that if anything significant
is skimmed from the top of the block then you need to check the
clearances of the pistons when at Top Dead Centre. With a standard head
gasket you should be able to get away with a few thou. of piston top
being proud of the block but any more and you need to check that the
piston will not get too close to the centre of the head's heart shape.
Compression Ratio will be increased when either the block or head are
skimmed so it is best to take off as little metal as possible

Regards

--
John Harper