[Healeys] electrc fan vs. belt drive

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:49:27 MST 2009

 A few years ago when I put an electric fan on my BJ8, it was horrible and
reduced the cooling capacity over the fan (the pancake motor blocked too
much of the radiator).

The newer fans have much higher CFMS (and I do believe make a big
difference) - provided you get a good quality fan.  I recently installed a
11" Spal fan on my Austin A90 and I can tell you the thing is crackers for
keeping the car cool in Hong Kong, which is very very hot.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8