[Healeys] no compression 100

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:57:17 MST 2009

Mike -

Taking a head off the 100 is a really easy job.  I could probably have the
head off in an hour.  5 min drain the radiator, 10 min remove the carbs (4
nuts, 1 cable), 5 min remove the manifolds, and about 15 min to remove the
head, and another 25 minutes for puttering about.  It's not a difficult job
and can be done in a morning or afternoon, your choice.

Take the head off, and check the gasket.  If it's fried, get a new one,  If
not, then take the head to a machine shop and have them crack test the head.
If it's not cracked, check the valves and make sure their aren't sticking
open (did you install bronze valve guides possibly - if so these have a
nasty tendency to stick open?).

Any way you cut it the head needs to come off.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8