[Healeys] Muffler for Healey 100

awgertoo at aol.com awgertoo at aol.com
Wed Dec 30 21:08:29 MST 2009

In a message dated 12/30/2009 10:52:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rrengineer at dslextreme.com writes:

Obviously, you gentlemen do not ride motorcycles, nor do you  appreciate
the fact of how a "quiet" motorcycle is quite invisible to most  people in
"cages"

Mike--

I have ridden them, you are right about how most car people have no sense
of motorcycles' presence and that is why I don't ride them any more.
Motorcycle/car accidents are very common here and you know who always  loses.

My personal feelings toward "loud pipes" are just my personal  feelings:
They definitely make riding safer for the biker who has  them and they are
definitely intrusive into the peace and quiet of the  rest of the world.  I
live in Southern MD where Harleys--both big  boys and sportsters--are
extremely popular and all are equipped with loud  pipes.  If you live within a mile
of route 2/4 get used to  hearing their roar throughout the day and night.
Then again Jap tuner cars  with extremely loud mufflers driven by young
males are almost as  popular and just as noisy.

Anyway, I started this string, it has inevitably moved far afield from the
question I originally asked re a muffler for my 100 to make it quieter so
can we  either return to the topic or put the string to sleep?

Best--Michael