[Healeys] 1964 Austin Healey 3000 BJ-8 for sale on Dallas Criagslist

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Wed Dec 30 14:36:05 MST 2009

I just looked over all the pictures of this car pretty carefully. The idiot
who sprayed that red paint all over it should have been shot.
The car appears to be a very solid unblemished car in most areas. original
unique little Phase 1 details are intact, including black waher bottle
bracket, intact console with original cubby box.
The only really bad area seems to be under the battery, with what looks like
some serious corrosion right through the floor and rear right side of the
trunk.
The rear interior panel seems to be completely replaced with that horrible
pleated vinyl thing, not at all original, for sure.
Somebody's gone with the cheaper earlier exhaust system rather than the
proper BJ8 system.
Looks like owner number one kept and protected the car from new for a long
time, while owner number two somehow tried to keep it on the road with cheap
paint, exhaust, etc.
The car certainly needs a complete ground up, but it appears that metal wise
at least, it should be pretty straight forward. This could be the makings of
a really nice and correct Healey Blue Phase 1 BJ8.

Rich Chrysler