[Healeys] Muffler for Healey 100

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 23:24:51 MST 2009

I am obviously getting old--the exhaust on my 100 Lemans is just  too loud,
something I thought I would never say!

I just got through installing a new Jensen MSR2007  AM/FM radio  complete
with Sirius Radio receiver and Ipod input.  It has adequate  power--15 watts
per channel and 4 good speakers yet I simply cannot enjoy  the music over
the exhaust unless I turn the volume WAY up, and even still the  exhaust is
still very obtrusive.

I have the Denis Welch tubular header/exhaust system which is 2" in
diameter and wonder if anyone knows of a good muffler which will mate up to a 2"
exhaust pipe.  I am willing to sacrifice a little performance for  being
able to hear the music!  The exhaust system has been on the car since  about
2002 so perhaps it has deteriorated slowly over the years.  It also  has its
share of scrapes, etc. along the bottom so I don't feel it owes me  much.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Best--Michael Oritt