[Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 14:11:43 MST 2009

The statement "Don't forget it was the Japanese that borrowed the Brit's
technology in the
60's.... and through reverse engineering ... All things are possible..."
isn't exactly correct. Not much reverse engineering was necessary. Austin
Motors helped the start of the Japanese industry.

My very first car was and Austin A40 Somerset. I loved the car, and sold it
when I returned to the US. I have a couple of books about Austin, and the
books are clear that Austin shared technology with the Japanese.

Who would have thought they would be a threat.

Jack