[Healeys] Garage Design

Ed Townley healeymnster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 08:12:35 MST 2009

Michael:
now for some far out ideas that I would incorporate if I were building
my 30x50 Garage barn again--Amen to the 12' or higher ceiling, also, I
would build a loft over 3/4 or more of the floor area, leaving only
enough room for the full extension of a 4 post lift.  now for the
radical part--since the 4 post lift is relatively inexpensive (check
northern tool catalogs), i would put another one at one edge of the
loft for a cheap elevator that still could be used as a lift if I had
the main one occupied by a car.  this would give me two lifts for
autos when needed, as well as a cheap elevator/dumbwaiter for access
to the second floor.
Although I don't think I could have afforded the cost of all this at
once when I originally built, I wish I had designed it this way, so I
could have added the loft and lifts later.  Have fun with your design
and building-
Regards,
Ed Townley
Southern NM, USA