[Healeys] wierd electrical problem

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:43:58 MST 2009

Jim -

It's a good practice to go through all the connections, pull them off and
reconnect them.  Pay particular attention to the 5 way connector to the rear
lights.  Also unscrew and rescrew the connections on the flasher relay, fuse
box and voltage regulator.  Also Unscrew / rescrew all the connections on
the back of all the light switches.  Also undo the battery terminals clean,
and reattach.

Since the car has sat for so long without use of the lighting system,
there's probably just some slight surface corrosion in one or two spots on
the wires/connectors that is causing the problem.  This is normal.

This is one of the reasons why I make it standard practice to drive my car
in all conditions all the time, it keeps them running properly.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX